Adjusting Your Status From TPS to Green Card

If you’re a TPS holder and looking for a way to adjust your status, you should consult an experienced immigration attorney before applying. An experienced lawyer will not only help you apply for TPS, but also deal with the necessary paperwork and avoid making mistakes that could cost you your case. If you’re not sure how to go about applying for TPS, here are some tips to get you started. Hopefully, these tips will help you apply for TPS in no time.

First, you must establish a basis for adjustment. If you’re under TPS, you must be able to show that you’ve been living in the United States legally for at least three years. This means you need to have been here for at least five years. If you’ve been here for longer than this period, your case can be processed faster and easier. For example, if you’re living in a country with an open immigration policy, you’re eligible to apply for TPS.

While you can apply for TPS through the U.S. Embassy or any of the state immigration offices, you’ll need to have proof of your immigration status. In most cases, you can prove your lawful status with your TPS, but you can also prove that you were previously in the country illegally. If you’re under TPS, you can still apply for a green card, but you won’t be able to use adjustment of-status procedures.

The Supreme Court’s ruling on TPS is still uncertain, but it’s important to understand the decision before applying for TPS. The court’s decision in Ramirez v. Brown ruled that TPS recipients are eligible for adjustment of status. This is because receiving TPS is deemed to be a lawful status, which meets the nonimmigrant requirements for adjustment of status. However, there are still several factors that may impact your application, and it’s essential to get the right legal assistance.

In addition to assessing your eligibility, the USCIS also looks at the last entry you made. Applicants who were admitted to the US under TPS are required to provide proof that they’ve been in the country for at least 180 days. In addition to being able to work, TPS allows immigrants to travel and work in the U.S. freely. If you are under TPS, you should be aware that TPS is a temporary status.

In addition to filing for a TPS adjustment of status, you must also have a lawful status. You must have the right to enter the US if you are in a country where TPS is not allowed. It is important to ensure that you do not fall into this trap. You should work with an experienced immigration lawyer to make sure that you’re not violating any immigration laws. A good immigration attorney will know how to apply for TPS.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *