Let us help you make a difference in the world!
Who we are:
The American Fund for Charities (AFC) is an American 501(c)(3) public charity that enables American tax-payers to support foreign non-profit organizations through tax-deductible donations.
With over 25 years of experience in charitable giving, we provide personal service to individuals, foundations, and corporations to facilitate prompt, reliable support of worthy causes around the world.
To connect people with great causes worldwide.
The American Fund for Charities seeks positive change around the world through support of non-profit organizations dedicated to social, cultural, and environmental initiatives.
How we work
- AFC takes responsibility for ensuring that all grant recipients are legitimate, accountable, and effective.
- Because AFC is a registered US non-profit, donors receive tax deductions for their gifts to the full extent permitted by law.
- Our very low expense-to-income ratio ensures that the maximum amount of donated funds is used to support approved charities.
- AFC “walks the talk,” disbursing undesignated revenues to the world’s neediest people and causes through our Knowledge Africa program.
- AFC broadens fundraising opportunities for foreign charitable organizations, facilitating charitable giving by US donors without necessitating the establishment of a US 501(c)(3) partner organization.
- AFC's website enhances the online visibility of approved charities by providing links to their websites and posts of recent charity activities.
- Approved charities and non-profit organizations receive a donor “button” for their websites, directly linking potential donors to the AFC.
What we have accomplished:
Since its inception, the American Fund for Charities has received over $30 million that has been used to support hundreds of non-profit organizations involved in education, health care, the arts and culture, environmental protection, and other initiatives all over the world.